Senior Backend Engineer
Parsley Health is an ambitious, mission-driven team that’s reinventing primary care to help people live healthier lives.
You appreciate the challenge of building reliable, secure, complex systems. You prefer working with typed languages, like Java, Scala or Kotlin for the reliability the offer. You use Docker, can’t live without CI and know where Kubernetes or Terraform fit into the stack. You love writing tests, care about code quality and can appreciate the elegance of functional programming — even if you don’t get to use it every day. While you can’t imagine writing a modern application without the cloud, you have a healthy appreciation for the many ways in which it may fail. You’re always thinking beyond the scope of the current project, to all the uses your tools and data models might be put.
Help build a new backend infrastructure leveraging: Google Cloud, gRPC, Kubernetes, Envoy. Code ownership and technical leadership. Mentoring other engineers. Develop and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization. Ensure code-quality and availability of our backend infrastructure. Maintain HIPAA compliant logging and security. Creating new API features to support consumer-facing products. Explore promising new technologies to differentiate our care and products.
- Years of experience with typed languages such as Java, Scala Kotlin or Go.
- Strong preference for experience with a JVM language as we’re building in Kotlin.
- Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric architecture and design patterns.
- Work with message queues such as Cloud PubSub or Amazon SQS.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs in modern web frameworks.
- Experience with GraphQL APIs are a plus.
- Docker, CI tools, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial.
- Work with modern SQL databases, particularly Postgres.
- Competitive salary
- Equity stake
- Generously subsidized medical, vision and dental insurance
- WeWork membership and benefits
- 4 weeks paid vacation time
- Free Parsley Health membership!
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we are able to serve our members.